Hi Dirk, thank you for the prompt response.

I have made the change and will re-upload to CRAN.

Irucka

On 2020-01-28 20:20, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
On 28 January 2020 at 19:47, EcoC2S - Irucka Embry wrote:
| Hi everyone, I am receiving the following NOTE when checking my package
| 'iemisc':
|
| * checking top-level files ... NOTE
| Non-standard file/directory found at top level:
|    'cran-comments.md'
|
| Will someone please tell me the correct location of cran-comments.md?

It is just like the message says: it is a non-standard file.

Meaning it is not described anywhere in 'Writing R Extensions' which is the
only manual that _really_ counts. So it should not be in the .tar.gz.

The manual also shows how to exclude files in your build directory from the
resulting tar.gz: mention them in .Rbuildignore.  So you could do

   echo "cran-comments.md" >> .Rbuildignore

or edit the file by hand.

Dirk

--
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | e...@debian.org

--
Family Partners:
http://www.sustainlex.org/

The business collaboration between EConsulting (tm)
[https://www.econsultingllc.org/] and EcoC^2S, is Getting Back to Nature.

Getting Back to Nature LocalHarvest --
https://www.localharvest.org/getting-back-to-nature-M73453
Getting Back to Nature -- https://www.gettingback2nature.farm/

EcoC2S -- https://www.ecoccs.com/
Principal, Irucka Embry, EIT

Services:
Growing Food
Healthy Living Mentor
Data Analysis with R
R Training
Chemistry and Mathematics Tutoring
Free/Libre and Open Source Software (FLOSS) Consultation