Hello Everyone,

some weeks back I already wrote to CRAN but got no response. So, I post my
question here seeking for advice.

I am trying to publish a package to CRAN. I got rejected once with some
minor change requests. I implemented them and submitted again. This time I
got a whole array of change requests.

The problem is, I am confused since none of the requests is mentioned
anywhere in CRAN policies. So, are those mere suggestions? Are these common
policy now? Has everyone to implement them? How should I proceed?

(In general, I have no problem with complying with CRAN policies, but I am
not sure if these are actually common requirements now or not.)

Copy of the change requests:

***************** quote >>>> **************************************
Please add \value to all .Rd files for exported functions and explain
the functions results in the documentation.
f.i.: time_stamp.Rd
If a function does not return a value, please document that too, e.g.
\value{None}.

The \description tag in the .Rd files should be one or two sentences on
how the function works and what it's good for. Don't just repeat the
function name.
F.i.: stats_modus_multi.Rd

An .Rd file title should:
- be capitalized
- not end in a period
- be at most 65 characters long
- exist and stand alone (there must be exactly one title)
Please adjust to these standards and again don't simply repeat the name.
https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-exts.html#Documenting-functions
F.i.: stats_modus_multi.Rd

Please fix and resubmit, and document what was changed in the submission
comments.

Best, Peter

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]