If you do want to communicate around tests a bit more, without cluttering the
manual, you might find the covrpage package interesting
https://yonicd.github.io/covrpage/
It creates a README in the tests folder, with test results, and it can create a
vignette with the same content.

  On dj., jul. 16, 2020 at 19:40, Henrik Bengtsson<henrik.bengts...@gmail.com>
wrote:   If the point of having, say,

stopifnot(add(1, 2) == sum(c(1, 2))

is to make it explicit to the reader that your add() function gives
the same results as sum(), then I argue that is valid to use in an
example.  I'm pretty sure I've used that in some of my examples.  For
the purpose, there should be no reason why you can't use other
"assert" functions for this purpose, e.g.

testthat::expect_equal(add(1, 2), sum(c(1, 2))

Now, if the point of your "assert" statement is only to validate your
package/code, then I agree it should not be in the example code
because it adds clutter.  Such validation should be in a package test.

So, if the former, I suggest you reply to the CRAN Team and explain this.

/Henrik