Indeed, in this case, the CRAN team will let is pass anyway.

Best,
Uwe Ligges

On 28.09.2020 18:41, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
On 28/09/2020 11:10 a.m., Yicheng Yang wrote:
Dear all,

I notice that there is a note from CRAN package check results for our
package as follows:

Version: 1.4.1
Check: installed package size
Result: NOTE
      installed size is 5.3Mb
      sub-directories of 1Mb or more:
      libs 5.2Mb

The link to our package is here:
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/FHDI/index.html

So I know the problem is that our package exceeds the maximum size of 5MB.
But I don't understand where we can trim our package to meet
this requirement. We can not modify the source codes (C++ file and R files) because we may lose some functionalities of the package. Do we have to trim
R documents? Any suggestions?

Reducing documents isn't going to be enough:  most of the problem is in libs.

You should investigate whether the libs you need are provided by other packages, or (if you wrote them yourself), whether it's really true that you can't shrink them.

You could consider splitting your package into two packages, if there are several libs.

You could try to explain to CRAN why you need to use all that space. There are packages on CRAN that exceed the 5Mb limit.

Finally, you could choose to distribute your package in some other way besides CRAN.

Duncan Murdoch