Hello,
Thank you very much for your prompt reply on a weekend.

I am testing my examples locally, and I am noticing that they did not get
slower actually. So far I have tested 3 of them and they are in the order of 3
or 4 seconds. So, shall I repeat the test later (or another day)?

When it comes to your second question, in my new version’s DESCRIPTION file the
following are mentioned (Imports):
spatstat.geom (>= 1.65-5),
spatstat.core (>= 1.65-5),
spatstat.linnet (>= 2.0-0),
spatstat (>= 2.0-0)

Any further hint?

Thank you for your time
Best
Gianmarco

Dr Gianmarco Alberti (PhD Udine)
Lecturer in Spatial Forensics
Coordinator of the BA dissertations
Department of Criminology
Faculty for Social Wellbeing
Room 332, Humanities B (FEMA)
University of Malta, Msida, Malta (Europe) - MSD 2080
tel +356 2340 3718

Academic profiles
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Gianmarco_Alberti4
https://malta.academia.edu/GianmarcoAlberti

Google Scholar profile
https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=tFrJKQ0AAAAJ&hl=en

Correspondence Analysis website
http://cainarchaeology.weebly.com/

R packages on CRAN:
CAinterprTools
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/CAinterprTools/index.html

GmAMisc
https://cran.r-project.org/package=GmAMisc

movecost
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/movecost/index.html
On 21 Mar 2021, 13:46 +0100, Duncan Murdoch <murdoch.dun...@gmail.com>, wrote:
> On 21/03/2021 7:18 a.m., Gianmarco Alberti wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am in the process of testing a new version of my GmAMisc package before
> > submitting it to CRAN.
> >
> > I have checked it using:
> > (a) devtools::check_win_devel()
> > https://win-builder.r-project.org/T9yi5bawc203
> >
> > (b) devtools::check_win_release()
> > https://win-builder.r-project.org/VACDopQ9QBMi
> >
> > (c) devtools::check_win_oldrelease()
> > https://win-builder.r-project.org/yoIK3iE7IZqk
> >
> > Now,
> > (a) returns 2 notes about functions’ examples whose execution time is
> > larger than 10 sec
> > This didn’t happen when testing earlier versions of the same package. I did
> > not make any major change to those functions, excluding updating some
> > chunks of code to adapt them to the new structure of the ‘spatstat'
> > package. Most of my functions whose execution time is larger than 10 sec
> > are feature Monte Carlo-based resampling; I have tried to reduce the number
> > of randomised iterations (e.g., from 199 to 99) but no significant changes
> > were produced when it comes to the execution time.
>
> Did the examples actually become slower? You can time them locally:
> you won't get the same timings as Win-builder, but relative timings
> should be roughly proportional.
>
> If they did become slower, then you really should modify the examples.
> This might mean using an unrealistically small number of iterations;
> that's better than not running them at all, because at least it will
> show users how your functions work.
>
> Or maybe Win-builder was under heavy load, and that's why the timings
> are slower. You could take a chance and submit with a note about this.
>

> > (b) returns the same two notes as (a)
> >
> > (c) returns 1 error:
> > Package required and available but unsuitable version: ‘spatstat.linnet'
>
> How are you stating your dependency on this package? Your current
> version only mentions "spatstat (>= 1.56-0)". CRAN has spatstat.linnet
> 2.0-0, but perhaps Win-builder hadn't updated its old release library to
> that version when you ran your test.
>
> Duncan Murdoch
>

> > I am wondering:
> > (1) are the 2 notes returned by (a) and (b) a relevant obstacle when it
> > comes to getting my new version on CRAN? I am a little concerned because I
> > do not know how to reduce the execution time further.
> >
> > (2) why the difference between (a)-(b) and (c) when it comes to the error
> > related to spatstat.linnet? Is the error returned by (c) fatal in
> > anticipation of submitting the package to CRAN? If it is, how can I tackle
> > that?
> >

> > Thank you in advance for any help on the above issues.

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]