This page

https://bookdown.org/yihui/rmarkdown-cookbook/install-latex-pkgs.html

suggests that executing this in R should fix the tikz issue:

tinytex::parse_install(
  text = "! LaTeX Error: File `tikz.sty' not found."
)

The "ks" message looks like a missing R package rather than a missing LaTeX package, so running install.packages("ks") would fix it.

So the only question is how to do these things in a Github action. I don't know if there's a pre-made recipe for this, but this one should do it:

      - name: Install tikz.tex and ks
        run: |
install.packages(c('tinytex', 'ks')) # Maybe tinytex is already there?
          tinytex::parse_install(
             text = "! LaTeX Error: File `tikz.sty' not found."
          )
        shell: Rscript {0}

Duncan Murdoch