On 07.07.2021 17:21, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
On 07/07/2021 9:08 a.m., Uwe Ligges wrote:

On 07.07.2021 13:18, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
On 07/07/2021 5:29 a.m., David Enrique Payares García wrote:
Hello everybody,

I developed an R package that depends on packages hosted in GitHub.
In the DESCRIPTION file, I added the R packages (from GitHub ) in the
"Suggests" section and I included a copy of them in my personal GitHub so
they can be accessed in the "Additional_repositories:" section.

Suggests:
      rmarkdown,
      ANTsR,
      ANTsRCore,
      ITKR,
      extrantsr,
      MNITemplate,
      RAVEL
Imports:
      knitr,
      oro.nifti,
      fslr,
      neurobase
Depends:
      R (>= 3.5)
Additional_repositories: https://davidpayares.github.io/drat

A copy of the R packages my package needs is in
https://davidpayares.github.io/drat .
When I submit the package to CRAN, I get this error:

Suggests or Enhances not in mainstream repositories:
      ANTsR, ANTsRCore, ITKR, extrantsr, MNITemplate, RAVEL
    Availability using Additional_repositories specification:
      ANTsR         yes   https://davidpayares.github.io/drat
      ANTsRCore     yes   https://davidpayares.github.io/drat
      ITKR          yes   https://davidpayares.github.io/drat
      extrantsr     yes   https://davidpayares.github.io/drat
      MNITemplate   yes   https://davidpayares.github.io/drat
      RAVEL         yes   https://davidpayares.github.io/drat

Flavor: r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-gcc, r-devel-windows-ix86+x86_64
Check: package dependencies, Result: ERROR
    Packages suggested but not available for checking:
      'ANTsR', 'ANTsRCore', 'ITKR', 'extrantsr', 'MNITemplate', 'RAVEL'

    Namespace dependencies missing from DESCRIPTION Imports/Depends
entries:
      'MNITemplate', 'RAVEL', 'extrantsr'

As the message says: You likely have declared some import directives via
the NAMESPACE file. In that case you have to import from a package and
hence list it in the Imports field.

Maybe the message should say "NAMESPACE dependencies missing from DESCRIPTION Imports/Depends entries" to make that even more obvious?

Thanks, I will suggest the change,
Uwe

Duncan Murdoch

If the package is not available from a mainsteam repository and you want
to suggest it only, you cannot import from it via the NAMESPACE file.

Best,
Uwe Ligges

I think this one is the part causing the ERROR.  Without seeing your
package I can't say for sure, but I would guess you have made some
unconditional use of those three packages.  Since they are only
Suggested packages, you can't do that.  Your package has to run even if
they are not available at all.  (It may not have full functionality, but
it shouldn't generate any errors in its tests or examples.)

Duncan Murdoch

I found that this is the correct way to add dependencies that are not
hosted in CRAN. However, I do not understand why it is not working. If
anyone could help me, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you so much.

Cheers,

David Payares

     [[alternative HTML version deleted]]