Hi all,
I am working on an update to a package I have on CRAN called occCite. My
latest release attempt didn’t pass incoming automated checks, because there
is an outstanding error. Additionally, there are some weird notes I would
like to get rid of, if anyone has suggestions.

The killing error is in r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-gcc, which is: Packages
required but not available: 'BIEN', 'taxize', ‘RPostgreSQL'

I don’t understand this, as it is the only system that throws this error,
and the packages mentioned are available via CRAN. Any suggestions?

Additionally, there are multiple platforms
(r-devel-linux-x86_64-fedora-clang; r-devel-linux-x86_64-fedora-gcc;
r-devel-windows-x86_64-gcc10-UCRT; r-patched-solaris-x86;
r-release-macos-arm64; r-release-macos-x86_64; r-oldrel-macos-x86_64) where
two notes pop up:

NOTE 1: Namespace in Imports field not imported from: ‘bit64’ All declared
Imports should be used.

The package does use bit64. Any tips on how to address this note?

NOTE 2: Found 6 marked UTF-8 strings.

I presume this is thrown because of the small sample dataset I’ve included
in the package, but why is it not thrown for all the platforms?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Hannah O.

--
Hannah L. Owens, Ph.D.