    > Dear all, Are there any tools to edit .Rd files by hand
    > (so avoiding roxygen2), as an editor (like could be
    > *RdStudio*, à la RStudio or TeXstudio) or a plugin for ViM
    > or another editor (like could be *vim-Rd*, à la
    > vim-latex)?

    > Thanks for your answers,

    > Stay safe, Iago

Yes, of course:
"All good" R package authors edit *.Rd files by hand
((;-), well no, I know it's not true ..
 I personally use roxygen (in ESS, see below) only sometimes at the very
 beginning of writing a new function, or for functions that I
 do *not* export, because there's a nice key stroke to create
 the outline). ... and if I export that function use the
 Roxygen -> Rd *once* only, and from then on, I edit the *.Rd nicely
 including using descriptions lists, some math, etc... all well
 indented, nicely human-readable etc, much nicer than hidden in
 roxygen R comments)

Rstudio has supported *.Rd in the past but as I'm not using it
regularly .. I don't know if they dropped it now... that would
honestly surprise me, though.

Rather  ESS (Emacs Speaks Statistics) has always well supported
Rd editing, and I thought the  vim - plugin for R would also
support *.Rd  but probably not ??

Best,
Martin

--
Martin Maechler
ETH Zurich,  R Core Team  (*and* ESS Core team)