Just delete the .html output from earlier runs before you run R CMD build, and it will have no choice but to rebuild them.

Duncan Murdoch

On 10/12/2021 9:29 a.m., Eric Weine wrote:
Hello,

Sorry yes, I think that my initial post on stack overflow is a bit misleading. I have checked the file that is built when I run "R CMD build ...", and it looks like what is on CRAN. The question is why is that different from when I run "devtools::build_vignette" or when I just knit the vignette in RStudio. I know that "R CMD build" creates the vignette each time from scratch. Should I update my R version or something? I'm just trying to isolate the difference between R CMD build and the other tools I have to knit vignette so I can ensure they are consistent.

Thanks for the help,

Eric.

    Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 16:52:09 -0500
    From: Eric Weine <ericwein...@gmail.com <mailto:ericwein...@gmail.com>>
    To: r-package-devel@r-project.org <mailto:r-package-devel@r-project.org>
    Subject: [R-pkg-devel] R Vignette Knitting Issues in CRAN Release

    Hello,

    I'm having an issue where my vignette created using R CMD build does not
    match the vignette created using devtools::build_vignettes or when I
    knit
    with RStudio. I posted about this issue on stack overflow here

<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/70204611/vignette-table-of-contents-missing-when-package-published-to-cran/70205623?noredirect=1#comment124116982_70205623

<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/70204611/vignette-table-of-contents-missing-when-package-published-to-cran/70205623?noredirect=1#comment124116982_70205623>>.
    Originally I thought that this might be related to an omission in the
    DESCRIPTION file, but this no longer seems to be the case. Here is a
    repost
    of my initial stack overflow post:

    I recently released a vignette with version 1.1 of my R package. The Rmd
    for the vignette can be found here

<https://github.com/eweine/qqconf/blob/master/qqconf/vignettes/qqconf_introduction.Rmd

<https://github.com/eweine/qqconf/blob/master/qqconf/vignettes/qqconf_introduction.Rmd>>.
    When I create the vignette locally, I see author information and the
    table
    of contents at the top of the vignette, as expected. However, when I
    submitted this package to CRAN and the vignette was created there

<https://cloud.r-project.org/web/packages/qqconf/vignettes/qqconf_introduction.html

<https://cloud.r-project.org/web/packages/qqconf/vignettes/qqconf_introduction.html>>,
    I no longer see the table of contents or author information. Does anyone
    know why this may be happening?

    Thanks,

    Eric.

             [[alternative HTML version deleted]]