On 13/06/2022 7:01 p.m., Spencer Graves wrote:

On 6/13/22 5:05 PM, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
On 13/06/2022 5:11 p.m., Spencer Graves wrote:

On 6/13/22 1:26 PM, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
On 13/06/2022 12:12 p.m., Spencer Graves wrote:
Hello, All:

        How do I fix "Rd cross-references ... NOTE
Undeclared packages ‘EnvStats’, ‘drc’, ‘zoo’, ‘prodlim’, ‘plyr’,
‘TRAMPR’, ‘raster’ in Rd xrefs"?

        This occurs with
"https://www.r-project.org/nosvn/R.check/r-devel-linux-x86_64-fedora-clang/Ecfun-00check.html";

and with
"https://www.r-project.org/nosvn/R.check/r-devel-linux-x86_64-fedora-clang/Ecdat-00check.html";.

     However, this error is not raised on other platforms.  My search
for
this note produced essentially the same message for other packages but
no advice on how to fix it.

        These are references to other packages that I do not use in my
packages but that some users may wish to consider.  If needed, I will
add them to "Suggests" for the packages.  However, that seems overkill,
because I do not use them myself.  ???

Section 2.5 of Writing R Extensions says "Packages referred to by these
‘other forms’ should be declared in the DESCRIPTION file, in the
‘Depends’, ‘Imports’, ‘Suggests’ or ‘Enhances’ fields."  Of those
fields, Suggests looks like the best fit.  You'd use Enhances if your
package provides "methods for classes from these packages, or ways to
handle objects from these packages".

       GitHub Actions failed after I added those packages to Suggests:

https://github.com/sbgraves237/Ecfun/runs/6869516417?check_suite_focus=true

That log doesn't really give much info about what went wrong.  Maybe
some of the packages in the Suggests list weren't available?

          Is there a way in GitHub Action to NOT fail when a package is not
available -- or at least to give a more useful diagnostic?

          There probably is, but I don't know how to find the right manual to
read nor any better place to ask for help with that than here.

Your DESCRIPTION file has a blank line after the list of Suggests packages, and that caused dev_package_deps() to die with the error you saw.

I think the blank line is illegal in a DESCRIPTION file: in the DCF format, that separates blocks, and everything is supposed to be in one block. But remotes::dev_package_deps() could perhaps give a more informative message, as R CMD INSTALL does.

Duncan Murdoch