Not sure if it's already been said, but note that we can only use
'Additional_repositories' for *optional* dependencies, which are
listed under 'Suggests' (and less used 'Enhances').  We cannot use
them for *hard* dependencies, which are listed under 'Depends' or
'Imports'. From the CRAN Policies
(https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/policies.html):

"Packages on which a CRAN package depends should be available from a
mainstream repository: if any mentioned in ‘Suggests’ or ‘Enhances’
fields are not from such a repository, where to obtain them at a
repository should be specified in an ‘Additional_repositories’ field
of the DESCRIPTION file (as a comma-separated list of repository URLs)
or for other means of access, described in the ‘Description’ field."

Currently, it's only CRAN and Bioconductor that are "mainstream" repositories.

/Henrik