On 28 November 2022 at 12:15, Peter Carbonetto wrote:
| I maintain the mashr R package (https://cran.r-project.org/package=mashr),
| which has been on CRAN a little over 2 years. The mashr package depends on
| another package, flashr, which is available from an external repository
| (via *Additional_repositories*).
|
| Very recently, we have found ourselves in the awkward situation that there
| are now two flashr packages:
|
| https://cran.r-project.org/package=flashr
|
| (mashr is listed as one of the reverse dependencies of this package, which
| is incorrect.)
|
| Does anyone have any suggestions for how to navigate this awkward
| situation? The problem needs to be fixed by Dec 7 otherwise mashr will be
| taken off CRAN. On the other hand, the new "flashr" seems like a nice
| package, and I don't see any reason why it shouldn't exist on CRAN.

Yikes. My tendency would be to work with what is under your control and have
your 'flashr' package renamed in its 'additional repository'. Also keep the
existing one (for existing users), and new one (say, 'flashr2' or any other
name, maybe even 'flashr4mashr'), upload to the 'additional repository' and
then update 'mashr'.

As far as CRAN is concerned, there is really only one 'flashr'.

Hth,  Dirk

--
dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | e...@debian.org