On 2022-12-15 9:57 a.m., Brian G. Peterson wrote:
On 12/15/22 08:34, Ismail Otoakhia wrote:
The R package 'ardl.nardl' has some examples that take more than 5 seconds to run. I was advised by the CRAN team to reduce the run time to less than
5 seconds.

How can this be achieved?

- you can lower the amount of data in the example

- you can use a faster method than your default method

- you can wrap the example in a dontrun tag so it will not run during checking

If your example involves something like a fitted model object that takes a long time to compute, you can pre-compute the model fit and store the object in an inst/testdata directory, then use something like

fitted_model <- readRDS(system.file("testdata", "my_example.rds", package = "mypackage"))

to retrieve it

Dr. Benjamin Bolker
Professor, Mathematics & Statistics and Biology, McMaster University
Director, School of Computational Science and Engineering
(Acting) Graduate chair, Mathematics & Statistics