On 02.04.2023 12:12, Michael Dewey wrote:
Comment in-line

On 02/04/2023 06:37, Ivan Krylov wrote:
On Fri, 31 Mar 2023 16:51:40 -0400
Dennis Boos <b...@ncsu.edu> wrote:

Also, I keep getting the message in the Rstudio check

WARNING
    'qpdf' is needed for checks on size reduction of PDFs

but I got the latest versions of R and Rstudio and was able to get
qpdf to install and loaded with library(qpdf), but Rstudio still gives
that message.

Almost there.

The 'qpdf' package interfaces to the same code that the 'qpdf' command
line tool uses to do its job. R CMD check uses the latter, not the
former. It looks like you're on Windows, so you need to install Rtools
in order to get a compatible version of 'qpdf':
https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/Rtools/rtools43/rtools.html

I always get the warning about qpdf (on Windows) but it does not seem to be a problem on CRAN or winbuilder.

You have to have qpdf installed and on your PATH.

Best,
Uwe Ligges