On 07.04.2023 21:14, Andrew Simmons wrote:
Hi,

I'm changing my name and my email address. I've got an update I'd like to
submit to CRAN, I've changed my name and email in my DESCRIPTION.

I couldn't find any details about changing maintainers in the R manuals

It is in the CRAN policies.

unfortunately. Someone online said to just submit the update, CRAN will
send one email to the new address confirming the submission, and another to
the old address confirming the new maintainer.

Yes, that's true.

Someone else said to email
CRAN from the old address about the new maintainer and their address, and
wait for a response of approval before submission. It was unclear if that
would be cran-submissi...@r-project.org or c...@r-project.org, but I'd
guess the first.

THis is also a true option. Personally I'd prefer the first way.

Has anyone else done this before or does anyone know the best procedure?
Also, given that this isn't a transfer of ownership, I'm still the same
person with a different name, would that make this process easier?

Same process as we do not know whether it is the same person behind the other mail address.

Best,
Uwe Ligges

Thank you!

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]