В Thu, 25 May 2023 11:57:07 +0000
Sameh Abdulah <sameh.abdu...@kaust.edu.sa> пишет:

> We are developing an R-C++ package that relies on several libraries,
> including Rcpp

Thankfully, using the Rcpp package in your own packages is a
well-documented, reliable process.

By the way, can we see the code?

> blas, lapack

These are required by R, so the easiest way to continue in a
CRAN-compatible manner would be to link to the copies used by R by
including $(BLAS_LIBS) and $(LAPACK_LIBS) in the PKG_LIBS of your
src/Makevars.

> blaspp, and lapackpp.

I don't see them packaged for Debian, MXE, or among Simon Urbanek’s
‘recipes’, so you might have to bundle the source code for these
together with your package. There seems to be an option to build both
of these as static libraries, obviating the need to bother with dynamic
library paths.

> If any other necessary libraries are not found, they will be
> automatically downloaded and linked with our library during the
> package compilation process.

If you intend to submit the package to CRAN, make sure to follow the
policies, specifically, those regarding external dependencies:

https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/policies.html
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/external_libs.html

> When we link to MKL or any other required library found on the system
> using the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable, the package can be
> compiled, linked, and built successfully during the R CMD INSTALL
> process. However, during the final step of "checking if the package
> can be loaded from temporary location," a new process is spawned to
> load the package.

Does this mean that the correct DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH has to be set every
time the user wants to use the package? If the MKL installation path is
static, can you set the rpath for the package shared object instead? It
can be relative to the executable (or the parent shared library) path
too. Here's a relatively detailed writeup describing rpath as an
alternative to DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH on systems with SIP enabled:
https://www.joyfulbikeshedding.com/blog/2021-01-13-alternative-to-macos-dyld-library-path.html

--
Best regards,
Ivan