В Thu, 21 Sep 2023 22:11:37 +0000
Hanyu Song <hanyu.s...@duke.edu> пишет:

> Therefore, I am very surprised that the example below runs overtime,
> since all it has to do is to run
> reticulate::py_module_available('ctef'). If even this part is running
> overtime, I am not quite sure how to deal with it.

Can you show the precise message given to you by the check?

Are you able to reproduce the problem if you run R CMD check (for
example) in a virtual machine without a working Python installation?

It would explain the situation if the process was stuck asking the user
for (e.g.) permission to install miniconda, but these prompts are all
guarded by tests for interactive() and therefore shouldn't be happening.

--
Best regards,
Ivan