I am trying to update my CRAN package metap. When I ran a final check on winbuilder I got the warning

* checking sizes of PDF files under 'inst/doc' ... WARNING
  'gs+qpdf' made some significant size reductions:
     compacted 'compare.pdf' from 498Kb to 243Kb
     compacted 'plotmetap.pdf' from 349Kb to 91Kb
  consider running tools::compactPDF(gs_quality = "ebook") on these files,
  or build the source package with --compact-vignettes=both

But I did use the option --compact-vignettes=both when I built the tarball.

I do have gs installed but not qpdf. I built the package under Windows if that is relevant.

Any suggestions?

--
Michael