В Sat, 4 May 2024 15:53:25 +0000
Sharon Bewick <sbew...@clemson.edu> пишет:

> I have a dependency on phyloseq, which is available through GitHub
> but not on the CRAN site. I have a similar problem with microViz,
> however I’ve managed to make it suggested, rather than required.
> There is no way to get around the phyloseq requirement. How do I fix
> this problem so that I can upload my package to the CRAN website?

Did a human reviewer tell you to get rid of the dependencies? There is
at least 444 packages on CRAN with strong dependencies on Bioconductor
packages, so your phyloseq dependency should work. In fact, 14 of them
depend on phyloseq.

What you need is an Additional_repositories field in your DESCRIPTION
specifying the source package repository where microViz could be
installed from. I think that

Additional_repositories: https://david-barnett.r-universe.dev

...should work.

Besides that, you'll need to increment the version and list the *.Rproj
file in .Rbuildignore:
https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/HybridMicrobiomes_0.1.1_20240504_173331/Debian/00check.log

--
Best regards,