Krzystof,
       Thank you for your reply.  It is promising that you think that Li's
method should work for imputed mantel results.  That said, I am a bit over
my head with the math in the Li et al reference.  Could you (or anyone on
this list) provide an R-code example of how D would be calculated from the
output of several mantel tests?

Also, and forgive my ignorance if this statement is coming from the wrong
direction, It is my understanding that mantel P values are generally
calculated by actually permuting the rows of the similarity matrix and
re-running the mantel test a given number of times (usually 1000).
Accordingly, as far as I can tell there is no explicitly generated F value
corresponding to a mantel p value.  It seems like Li's method assumes I am
generating P from an F table.  Would it be appropriate to back calculate F
from P, k and m?

Thanks again,
Jacob