Thanks Don. I tried the transformation you suggested, but the results don't
appear promising (0 deg doesn't = 360 deg, intervals vary):

0       6.12574E-17
10      -0.544021111
20      0.912945251
30      -0.988031624
40      0.74511316
50      -0.262374854
60      -0.304810621
70      0.773890682
80      -0.993888654
90      0.893996664

I tried

east.exposure=cos(exposure*PI/180)

This seems better (e.g., 0 degrees = 360 degrees) see below), but the absolute
values of the intervals aren't consistent. No surprise, I suppose, but what to
do?

Thanks, Peter

0       1
10      0.984807753