In short, no. I haven't ported the rough code for LOO CV of CCA or
CCA-PLS models. I think I ported the mean centring and crossval
functions from the Matlab sources, but not the code in the
`example_crossvalCCA.m` file from the supplementary materials on the
CoCA paper in Ecology.

I could take a look and see how easy i will be to add this, but it
doesn't sit well with cocorresp or vegan as the former was designed
really for CoCA and the latter doesn't have the other functionality
needed (which exists in cocorresp) and we've not really implemented CV
for ordination methods.

That said, this is R and it is relatively trivial to write your own
LOO or k-fold CV loop, and you can predict from a CCA model using the
`predict()` method for cca objects available in vegan.

Part of the reason, at least as far as I see things, for not having CV
in the common ordination software (closed or open source) is that
these methods tend not to be seen as purely predictive models, which
is what CV is designed to evaluate.

Don't hold your breath for me getting this in cocorresp, but if you
want to follow up I might be persuaded to take a look and see if what
is already in cocorresp will enable you to follow the code in the
`example_crosvalCCA.m` file to write your own LOO code.

HTH

On 28 March 2014 14:57, Jesse Becker <jcbecke...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello list,
> I am doing a concordance study between riverine environmental conditions,
> invertebrate, and fish assemblages.  I am doing a predictive CoCA as part
> of the analysis with the cocorresp package.  My question is whether there
> is an implementation of the cross-validation procedure in the cocorresp
> package that would work on the results of a CCA or RDA, without having to
> use MATLAB (which I don't have access to)?  My understanding is that by
> doing the cross validation on the CCA (and hopefully RDA, although I've
> never seen it done) it allows for a more consistent evaluation of
> differences between the two methods.  I haven't seen this as a function in
> vegan.
>
> Jari?  Gavin?
>
> Thanks,
> Jesse
>

> Jesse C. Becker, Ph.D.
> 765.285.8889765.285.8889 office
> 512.587.4428512.587.4428 cell
> jcbec...@bsu.edu
> jcbecke...@gmail.com
>
> Call
> Send SMS
> Add to Skype
> You'll need Skype CreditFree via SkypeI am

Gavin Simpson, PhD