> On 26 Nov 2015, at 20:05 pm, Marcelino de la Cruz <marcelino.delac...@upm.es>
> wrote:
>
> El 26/11/2015 a las 16:27, Richards, Christina escribió:
>> Hello!
>>
>> That is very helpful and seems to work! Thank you!!
>>
>> I did not realize we could use raw data in capscale,
> We could and we should! Currently, it is the only way to achieve it.
>
> is this true only because it is conditioning variables?
> It seems that the current implementation of capscale only accepts a single
> *data.frame* for both explanatory and conditioning variables

Yes, this is true: current and *future* implementations of capscale/rda/cca
(and future dbrda) will only have one data= argument. However, in addition to
variables in the data frame given in data=, you can mix variables in the work
environment in your formula. If you think you need to have several data frames
for the data= argument, please consider cbind().

cheers, Jari Oksanen