Hi Frederico,
thanks for replying. Also thanks Karlo for sending a separate email
yesterday. I think I haven't made myself clear enough. Our dataset is
derived from geometric morphometrics, we are measuring skull and jaw shape
of bat species and we want to test the influence of land use classes on
shape. So we have to process the data using the geomorph::gm.prcomp
function that allows an array containing the XY landmark coordinates for
each species (a .tps file). This function returns the PCA scores
representing the position of each species (mean) in the shape space.

ade4::dudi.pca only accepts the regular square matrix as input, that's why
we can't use it.

Best,
Diogo