Hello All,

I am investigating changes in the biodiversity of British vegetation over the
Holocene and to this end I am implementing DCA to analyse turnover in a
Holocene pollen sequence.

I have run decorana() in vegan on my pollen dataset and extracted the sample
scores from DCA1, which give a rough approximation of ecological
change/turnover over the pollen sequence. I want to, however, have these
results in standard deviation units, a bit like Felde
<https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00334-019-00726-5
<https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00334-019-00726-5>> and
Correa-Metrio <http://www.scielo.org.mx/pdf/bsgm/v66n1/v66n1a11.pdf
<http://www.scielo.org.mx/pdf/bsgm/v66n1/v66n1a11.pdf>> have done. To achieve
this, I think I need to calculate the euclidean distance between contiguous
samples in terms of their ordination on the DCA rescaled ecological space,
however, I can’t work out how to achieve this, i.e. ending up with SD units,
myself. Any advice you may be able to provide re. this calculation would be
greatly received!

Best wishes,
Jonny

—

Jonathan Gordon
Leverhulme Trust Funded PhD Student
Leverhulme Centre for Anthropocene Biodiversity, University of York

Twitter <https://twitter.com/jonathordon> LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/jonathan-gordon-752272142/>