Dear Diego,

Yes, you calculated the spatial autocorrelation of the predicted values in this way, which is not too informative and intresting. Autocorrelation of the residuals is what you need. If you subtract the predictions from the observations (using the simple raster algebra or raster::calc()), you can calculate Moran's I (or any other spatial autocorrelation measure) of the residuals.

HTH,
Ákos Bede-Fazekas