5 very useful stats courses being offered by PR statistics.

Please feel free to share.

Bayesian Data Analysis (BADA02)
https://www.prstatistics.com/course/bayesian-data-analysis-bada02/
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Bayesian methods are now increasingly widely used in data analysis across
most scientific research fields. Given that Bayesian methods differ
conceptually and theoretically from their classical statistical
counterparts that are traditionally taught in statistics courses, many
researchers do not have opportunities to learn the fundamentals of Bayesian
methods, which makes using Bayesian data analysis in practice more
challenging. The aim of this course is to provide a solid introduction to
Bayesian methods, both theoretically and practically. We will begin by
teaching the fundamental concepts of Bayesian inference and Bayesian
modelling, including how Bayesian methods differ from their classical
statistics counterparts, and show how to do Bayesian data analysis in
practice in R. We then provide a solid introduction to Bayesian approaches
to these topics using R and the brms package. We begin by covering Bayesian
approaches to linear regression. We will then proceed to Bayesian
approaches to generalized linear models, including binary logistic
regression, ordinal logistic regression, Poisson regression, zero-inflated
models, etc. Finally, we will cover Bayesian approaches to multilevel and
mixed effects models. Throughout this course, we will be using, via the
brms package, Stan based Markov Chain Monte Carlo (MCMC) methods.

Reproducible and Collaborative Data Analysis with R (RACR01)
https://www.prstatistics.com/course/reproducible-and-collaborative-data-analysis-with-r-racr01/
ABOUT THIS COURSE
The computational part of a research is considered reproducible when other
scientists (including ourselves in the future) can obtain identical results
using the same code, data, workflow and software. Research results are
often based on complex statistical analyses which make use of various
software. In this context, it becomes rather difficult to guarantee the
reproducibility of the research, which is increasingly considered a
requirement to assess the validity of scientific claims. Moreover,
reproducibility is not only important for findings published in academic
journals. It also becomes relevant for sharing analyses within a team, with
external collaborators and with one’s supervisor. During this three-day
course, the participants will be introduced to a suite of tools they can
use in combination with R to make reproducible the computational part of
their own research. A strong emphasis is given to collaboration, and
participants will learn how to set up a project to work with other people
in an efficient way.

Nonlinear Regression using Generalized Additive Models (GNAM02)
https://www.prstatistics.com/course/nonlinear-regression-using-generalized-additive-models-gamr02/
ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course will cover introductory hierarchical modelling for real-world
data sets from a Bayesian perspective. These methods lie at the forefront
of statistics research and are a vital tool in the scientist’s toolbox. The
course focuses on introducing concepts and demonstrating good practice in
hierarchical models. All methods are demonstrated with data sets which
participants can run themselves. Participants will be taught how to fit
hierarchical models using the Bayesian modelling software Jags and Stan
through the R software interface. The course covers the full gamut from
simple regression models through to full generalised multivariate
hierarchical structures. A Bayesian approach is taken throughout, meaning
that participants can include all available information in their models and
estimates all unknown quantities with uncertainty. Participants are
encouraged to bring their own data sets for discussion with the course
tutors.

Time Series Data Analysis (TSDA02)
https://www.prstatistics.com/course/online-course-time-series-data-analysis-tsda02/
ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course covers introductory modelling for the analysis of time series
data. The main focus of the course is on data observed at regular
(discrete) time points but later modules cover continuously-observed data.
The methods are presented both at a theoretical level and also with
practical examples where all code is available. The practical classes
include instructions on how to use the popular forecast package. The second
half of the course looks at Bayesian time series analysis which is
extremely customisable to bespoke data analysis situations.

Introduction to generalised linear models using R and Rstudio (IGLM05)
https://www.prstatistics.com/course/introduction-to-generalised-linear-models-using-r-and-rstudio-iglm05/
ABOUT THIS COURSE
In this two day course, we provide a comprehensive practical and
theoretical introduction to generalized linear models using R. Generalized
linear models are generalizations of linear regression models for
situations where the outcome variable is, for example, a binary, or
ordinal, or count variable, etc. The specific models we cover include
binary, binomial, ordinal, and categorical logistic regression, Poisson and
negative binomial regression for count variables. We will also cover
zero-inflated Poisson and negative binomial regression models. On the first
day, we begin by providing a brief overview of the normal general linear
model. Understanding this model is vital for the proper understanding of
how it is generalized in generalized linear models. Next, we introduce the
widely used binary logistic regression model, which is is a regression
model for when the outcome variable is binary. Next, we cover the ordinal
logistic regression model, specifically the cumulative logit ordinal
regression model, which is used for the ordinal outcome data. We then cover
the case of the categorical, also known as the multinomial, logistic
regression, which is for modelling outcomes variables that are
polychotomous, i.e., have more than two categorically distinct values. On
the second day, we begin by covering Poisson regression, which is widely
used for modelling outcome variables that are counts (i.e the number of
times something has happened). We then cover the binomial logistic and
negative binomial models, which are used for similar types of problems as
those for which Poisson models are used, but make different or less
restrictive assumptions. Finally, we will cover zero inflated Poisson and
negative binomial models, which are for count data with excessive numbers
of zero observations.

Any questions please email oliverhoo...@prstatistics.com

--

Oliver Hooker PhD.