We still have a few places left on next weeks intro to GLM's

ONLINE COURSE – Introduction to generalised linear models using R and
Rstudio (IGLM06)

https://www.prstatistics.com/course/introduction-to-generalised-linear-models-using-r-and-rstudio-iglm06/

3rd - 5th October

Please feel free to share!

Courses are recorded to accommodate different time zones. All attendees
will have access to recordings for a further 3 months after the course to
revisit any of the classes.

*COURSE OVERVIEW - *This course provides a comprehensive practical and
theoretical introduction to generalized linear models using R. Generalized
linear models are generalizations of linear regression models for
situations where the outcome variable is, for example, a binary, or
ordinal, or count variable, etc. The specific models we cover include
binary, binomial, ordinal, and categorical logistic regression, Poisson and
negative binomial regression for count variables. We will also cover
zero-inflated Poisson and negative binomial regression models. We begin by
providing a brief overview of the normal general linear model.
Understanding this model is vital for the proper understanding of how it is
generalized in generalized linear models. Next, we introduce the widely
used binary logistic regression model, which is is a regression model for
when the outcome variable is binary. Next, we cover the ordinal logistic
regression model, specifically the cumulative logit ordinal regression
model, which is used for the ordinal outcome data. We then cover the case
of the categorical, also known as the multinomial, logistic regression,
which is for modelling outcomes variables that are polychotomous, i.e.,
have more than two categorically distinct values. We will then begin
covering Poisson regression, which is widely used for modelling outcome
variables that are counts (i.e the number of times something has happened).
We then cover the binomial logistic and negative binomial models, which are
used for similar types of problems as those for which Poisson models are
used, but make different or less restrictive assumptions. Finally, we will
cover zero inflated Poisson and negative binomial models, which are for
count data with excessive numbers of zero observations.

Please email oliverhoo...@prstatistics.com with any questions.

Other course in this series

ONLINE COURSE – Multivariate Analysis Of Ecological Communities Using R
With The VEGAN package (VGNR05)
https://www.prstatistics.com/course/multivariate-analysis-of-ecological-communities-using-r-with-the-vegan-package-vgnr05/

ONLINE COURSE – Path analysis, structural equations and causal inference
for biologists (PSCB01)
https://www.prstatistics.com/course/path-analysis-structural-equations-and-causal-inference-for-biologists-pscb01/

ONLINE COURSE – Introduction to generalised linear models using R and
Rstudio (IGLM06)
https://www.prstatistics.com/course/introduction-to-generalised-linear-models-using-r-and-rstudio-iglm06/

ONLINE COURSE – Introduction To Mixed Models Using R And Rstudio (IMMR07)
https://www.prstatistics.com/course/introduction-to-mixed-models-using-r-and-rstudio-immr07/

ONLINE COURSE – Model selection and model simplification (MSMS04)
https://www.prstatistics.com/course/online-course-model-selection-and-model-simplification-msms04/

ONLINE COURSE – Data wrangling using R and Rstudio (DWRS03)
https://www.prstatistics.com/course/data-wrangling-using-r-and-rstudio-dwrs03/

ONLINE COURSE – Machine Learning with R (Intermediate – Advanced) (MLIA01)
https://www.prstatistics.com/course/machine-learning-with-r-intermediate-advanced-mlia01/

ONLINE COURSE – Data visualization with ggplot2 using R and Rstudio (DVGG04)
https://www.prstatistics.com/course/data-visualization-with-ggplot2-using-r-and-rstudio-dvgg04/

ONLINE COURSE – Introduction to Time Series Analysis using R and Rstudio
(ITSA02)
https://www.prstatistics.com/course/introduction-to-time-series-analysis-using-r-and-rstudio-itsa02/

ONLINE COURSE – Introduction to Machine Learning using R and Rstudio
(IMLR02)
https://www.prstatistics.com/course/introduction-to-machine-learning-using-r-and-rstudio-imlr02/
CURSO ONLINE – Introdução a Modelos Lineares Generalizados usando R e R
Studio (IGLM07)
https://www.prstatistics.com/course/curso-online-introducao-a-modelos-lineares-generalizados-usando-r-e-r-studio-iglm07/

--

Oliver Hooker PhD.