Dear all,

registrations are now open for our course on Generalized Additive Models (GAMs)
in R in April (22nd-26th).

Course website: [
https://www.physalia-courses.org/courses-workshops/gams-in-r-2/ ](
https://www.physalia-courses.org/courses-workshops/gams-in-r-2/ )

Who is this for?

Designed for graduate students and researchers with some statistical knowledge,
this course caters to those familiar with generalized linear models,
likelihood, and AIC. If you're a bit rusty on these concepts, worry not – we'll
provide a quick recap. Familiarity with RStudio and basic R programming skills
are essential.

Learning Outcomes:

- Understand practical aspects of GAMs for learning relationships from data.
- Fit GAMs in R using the mgcv and brms packages.
- Differentiate between types of splines and determine their optimal use.
- Visualize fitted GAMs and validate model assumptions.

For the full list of our courses and workshops, please visit: [
https://www.physalia-courses.org/courses-workshops/ ](
https://www.physalia-courses.org/courses-workshops/gams-in-r-2/ )

Best regards,
Carlo