Hi José,

On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 at 11:20, José Abílio Matos <jama...@fc.up.pt> wrote:

> I tried R2spec to create the spec files necessary to have Rcpparmadillo.
>
> I noticed that it has some issues, one example is that it placed some files
> irrespectively if they were present in the tar or not.

I would like to update this, but I'd also like to grab Jason's
preliminary R macros, put them in R-rpm-macros, and just wholesale
replace most of this boilerplate. I just haven't had much chance to
really try it out.

> One functionality that I think it would be nice to have would to update a
> given spec file with the updated dependencies.

This is something I have started on, but it got a bit sidetracked.
What I needed was a URL to grab previous archives, which Inaki
provided some time ago. But then R2spec needed the ability to
substitute macros in URLs for the version, and so I've left it at that
for a while. I guess I can go back to working on that some time soon.

--
Elliott