Stripping eot fonts from R-rmarkdown (and not linking to alternatives) means
Rmarkdown doesn't seem to work for certain document types. To illustrate:

echo -e '---\ntitle: "R Notebook"\noutput: html_document\n---' > test.Rmd
R -s -e "rmarkdown::render('test.Rmd')"

processing file: test.Rmd

output file: test.knit.md

/usr/bin/pandoc +RTS -K512m -RTS test.knit.md --to html4 --from
markdown+autolink_bare_uris+tex_math_single_backslash --output test.html
--lua-filter /usr/share/R/library/rmarkdown/rmarkdown/lua/pagebreak.lua
--lua-filter /usr/share/R/library/rmarkdown/rmarkdown/lua/latex-div.lua
--embed-resources --standalone --variable bs3=TRUE --section-divs --template
/usr/share/R/library/rmarkdown/rmd/h/default.html --no-highlight --variable
highlightjs=1 --variable theme=bootstrap --mathjax --variable
'mathjax-url=https://mathjax.rstudio.com/latest/MathJax.js?config=TeX-AMS-MML_HTMLorMML'
 --include-in-header /tmp/Rtmpc9fCOq/rmarkdown-str1742747432e3f.html
pandoc:
/usr/share/R/library/rmarkdown/rmd/h/bootstrap/css/../fonts/glyphicons-halflings-regular.eot:
 withBinaryFile: does not exist (No such file or directory)
Error: pandoc document conversion failed with error 1
Execution halted

I'm not sure if this can/should be solved upstream (and even whether it is
actually something to be solved in pandoc over rmarkdown) but the functionality
does seem broken as is currently shipped in Fedora.  Interestingly this appears
to have also been discussed this month at
https://discussion.fedoraproject.org/t/cannot-produce-html-notebook-output-with-r-rmarkdown/101678
 so I'm not sure if something has changed recently (I tend to always be using a
copr version of Rmarkdown).

Hope this all makes sense.

Tim

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]