Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 11:59:54 +0100
Subject: Re: [R-SIG-Finance] Problem with R bloomberg.
From: krisanha...@gmail.com
To: satel...@hotmail.com
CC: r-sig-finance@r-project.org

Hi Sergio

Many thanks for your reply

I tried the following

x <- bdp(conn,"AAPL US Equity", "LAST_PRICE")

But the output is

               LAST_PRICE

AAPL US Equity       <NA>

I seem to get this for all the stocks

I also tried PX_LAST. I have access to this stock in Bloomie so I should be
getting a price 572.98...

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 11:22 AM, Sergio Alvarez <satel...@hotmail.com> wrote:

When you download the tickers they miss the " Equity" bit that Bloomberg needs
to recognize them. Just add that (don't forget the space so that it look like
"AA UN Equity") and query it again. It should work.

Best,Sergio

> Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 11:12:30 +0100
> From: krisanha...@gmail.com
> To: r-sig-finance@r-project.org

> Subject: [R-SIG-Finance] Problem with R bloomberg.
>
> Hi
>
> I currently have the following error msg
>
> Error in .jcall("RJavaTools", "Ljava/lang/Object;", "invokeMethod", cl,  :

>   org.findata.blpwrapper.WrapperException: invalid security AA UN
>
> when i run the following code
>
> tickers <- bds(conn, "INDU Index", "INDX_MEMBERS")[,1]
> x <- bdp(conn, tickers, "PX_LAST")

> The version of R is 2.13.1
>
> Can anyone help on this?
>
> Regards