Aidan,

The connection is failing as it attempts to open the log file. Can you
confirm whether you have write access to your home folder? My Windows box
is virtual as well, so that's not the cause... at least, not directly.

-John

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 1:35 PM, Aidan Corcoran
<aidan.corcora...@gmail.com>wrote:

> hi all,
>
> I'm getting the below error when I try
> conn <- blpConnect()
>
> R version 3.0.3 (2014-03-06)
> rJava Version 0.9-6
> Rbbg Version 0.5.0
> Java environment initialized successfully.
> Looking for most recent blpapi3.jar file...
> Adding C:\blp\API\APIv3\JavaAPI\v3.7.1.1\lib\blpapi3.jar to Java classpath
> *Error in .jnew("org/findata/blpwrapper/Connection", java.log.level) : *
> *  java.io.IOException: Couldn't get lock for
> %h/org.findata.blpwrapper.%g.log*
>
> Can't seem to find a similar error on the web. My desktop is  a virtual
> desktop and this is my first time trying to get rbbg to work on this setup,
> so maybe this has something to do with. It's win7-64bit with R 3.0.3 and
> latest versions of all packages I believe.  The excel bloomberg API is
> working fine. If anyone could help me understand this error better or fix
> it that would be very much appreciated!
>
> thanks

> should go.

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]