I've never been able to get portfolioanalytics to work for me.  It looks like a
nice little addition to the R arsenal but we just weren't meant to work
together.  I figured what the heck I'll try this code and I got the same error
message I usually get:

Error in optimize.portfolio(R = returns, portfolio = pspec, optimize_method = "pso", : unused arguments (R = returns, portfolio = pspec, optimize_method = "pso", trace = TRUE)

I've installed all the dependent (or at least I think I have) but to no avail.
I installed pso, all the different ROI packages, Rcmdr.  I've seen other people
with the same issue but did not see a solution.

Any help is much appreciated.

Jason