Brian - Get over yourself!  That was an A++ response in terms of being obnoxious, smug
and condescending. I wasn't looking for anyone to do any internet searches high atop
their Ivory Tower, it was a simple question that I was hoping someone had a similar
experience with.  Trust me, I've done plenty of searches on this topic and my
"google fu" skills are on par with yours.  I saw the same inquiry you probably
saw w/ your search results, but the user with my problem never confirmed if he figured it
out despite asking a couple of times on the thread.  If he's asking the same follow-up
question more than once then chances are he never got it working.

As far as "hijacking the thread" it was a simple post that seemed appropriate
for the topic but I am so sorry if I offended you, or anyone else, for breaking the
unwritten rules. Look, I've been an R user for 2.5 years but my skills are nowhere near
90%, hell maybe 100% of the people here -- if I were to post this as a standalone
question there wouldn't be a single response.  Half the subscribers would be laughing
behind their keyboard. Posting here is only a matter of last resort, so sometimes you
gotta take your shot.

PS - I did figure it out though, all of the packages were properly installed so
that wasn't the problem....and thankfully I'm not crazy!  But it was a simple
fix in hindsight and I'm sure all of you experienced it at one point or another