I've produced some 3D interpolation examples in the experimental package GSIF (under construction). You can actually create some kind of voxels via the SpatialPixelsDataFrame class [http://gsif.r-forge.r-project.org/make.3Dgrid-method.html] and then predict at those locations. Here are some examples:

http://gsif.r-forge.r-project.org/tutorial_eberg.php

T. Hengl
http://www.wewur.wur.nl/popups/vcard.aspx?id=HENGL001