From: "Roelof Coster" <roelofcos...@gmail.com>
To: r-sig-geo@r-project.org
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2014 7:30:04 AM
Subject: [R-sig-Geo] Spacetime regression

Hi all,

I want to do a spatio-temporal regression on a quite large dataset. I have
>100 k records. These correspond to measurements taken at 3000 locations,
approximately every half year. The geographic area is all of the
Netherlands (240 x 300 km).

Is spatio-temporal kriging advisable for a dataset that is so large?

When I make the sample space-time variogram (with variogramST), it
automatically chooses a time-lag difference of about 2 days. This is much
too small to be meaningful for my data; half-year periods would be
interesting. Is there a way to tell this to the variogramST function?

Thanks in advance,

Roelof Coster