Marcel,
no for mapview and I am 99% certain also no for leaflet.

Though mapview will render large vector data sets (tested for up to 3 million points or line/polygons vertexes). This is, however, not very flexible (e.g. no coloring by attribute etc.) and will not be compatible with any other leaflet or mapview functionality.

Tim