On 31/10/16 05:09, Li Jin wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I need to use the predict{gstat}  function in one of my functions for a R
> package. I use RStudio to make the package. When I specified gstat::predict
> in the function, I received the following error:
>
> Error: 'predict' is not an exported object from 'namespace:gstat'

gstat exports 'predict' as an S3method; if it would export 'predict' as
an object, this would hide the generic in package stats.

The solution to your problem is to not put prepend 'predict' with
gstat::, but instead rely on S3 method dispatch.

The actual, un-exported function called is gstat:::predict.gstat, but it
is discouraged to call that directly.

> The session information is:
>
>> sessionInfo()
>
> R version 3.3.1 (2016-06-21)
>
> Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
>
> Running under: Windows 7 x64 (build 7601) Service Pack 1
>

> locale:
>
> [1] LC_COLLATE=English_Australia.1252  LC_CTYPE=English_Australia.1252
>
> [3] LC_MONETARY=English_Australia.1252 LC_NUMERIC=C
>
> [5] LC_TIME=English_Australia.1252
>

> attached base packages:

> other attached packages:
>
> [1] myrpackage_0.0.0.9000 devtools_1.12.0

> [1] tools_3.3.1   withr_1.0.2   memoise_1.0.0 digest_0.6.10
>
> Is this a bug? Any suggestions? Many thanks in advance!
>
> Kind regards,
> Jin
>
> Jin Li, PhD
> Spatial Modeller/Computational Statistician  |  National Earth and Marine
> Observations
> Environmental Geoscience Division  |  GEOSCIENCE AUSTRALIA
> Phone:  +61 2 6249 9899    Fax:  +61 2 6249 9999
> Email:  jin...@ga.gov.au<mailto:jin...@ga.gov.au>    Web:
> www.ga.gov.au<http://www.ga.gov.au/>
> 101 Jerrabomberra Avenue Symonston ACT
> GPO Box 378 Canberra ACT 2601 Australia
> Applying geoscience to Australia’s most important challenges
>

> Geoscience Australia Disclaimer: This e-mail (and files transmitted with it)
> is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. If you
> are not the intended recipient, then you have received this e-mail by mistake
> and any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail
> and its file attachments is prohibited. The security of emails transmitted
> cannot be guaranteed; by forwarding or replying to this email, you
> acknowledge and accept these risks.

Edzer Pebesma
Institute for Geoinformatics  (ifgi),  University of Münster
Heisenbergstraße 2, 48149 Münster, Germany; +49 251 83 33081
Journal of Statistical Software:   http://www.jstatsoft.org/
Computers & Geosciences:   http://elsevier.com/locate/cageo/