Fra: Roger Bivand
Sendt: torsdag 15. februar, 07.49
Emne: Re: [R-sig-Geo] readOGR does not read file names with accent
Til: r-sig-geo@r-project.org, Patrick Giraudoux

Patrick: Is there also a space in the file path? What is the locale, I guess
CP1252? Best wishes, Roger Bivand Norwegian School of Economics Bergen, Norway
Fra: Patrick Giraudoux Sendt: torsdag 15. februar, 07.45 Emne: readOGR does not
read file names with accent Til: r-sig-geo@r-project.org Kopi: Roger Bivand
Dear all, My plateform is Windows 7. I am meeting trouble when reading a
shapefile with rgdal:readOGR when the file name includes an accent. For
instance, readOGR("./track
génét/gélinotte/2017/Trémontagne","trace_chaux_du_dombief.shp") is well read
BUT readOGR("./track
génét/gélinotte/2017/Trémontagne","tracé_chaux_du_dombief.shp") gives Error in
ogrInfo(dsn = dsn, layer = layer, encoding = encoding, use_iconv = use_iconv, :
Cannot open layer In both cases accents in the path are well accepted. The
difference just come from accent in the filename. Any idea about a workaround
(except trivial: manually changing accents to non accent ;-): I have tens of
files to read)? Best, Patrick [[alternative HTML version deleted]]