Dear Ben,

Thanks a lot for your help with the useful and appropriate link you sent
me. There was the solution for the flipping of the colorbar.
I could finally flip the color bar and it worked out correctly. I also
found a little bit less opaque color palette, that is the matlab "jet"
color in the R "matlab" package, but it is still a bit opaque for
my personal taste. I will give it some trials and errors with many
different opacities to see what happened.

Thanks a lot again for your helpful advice and guidance,

Kind regards,
Gabriel