Dear John,

A real life example is available at https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.2784012.
The idea is that the database returns a randomised set of points. You need
to overlay these points with your sampling framework. The final sample is
the set of points with the lowest ranking. The grtsdb package is a
reimplementation of my GRTS package (https://github.com/ThierryO/grts).
That package has a vignette describing GRTS via the Reversed Randomized
Quadrant-Recursive Raster strategy (
https://doi.org/10.1007/s00267-005-0199-x).

Best regards,

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Statisticus / Statistician

Vlaamse Overheid / Government of Flanders
INSTITUUT VOOR NATUUR- EN BOSONDERZOEK / RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR NATURE AND
FOREST
Team Biometrie & Kwaliteitszorg / Team Biometrics & Quality Assurance
thierry.onkel...@inbo.be
Havenlaan 88 bus 73, 1000 Brussel
www.inbo.be

~ John Tukey