I just bought a Mac and am learning it.

I have a package which "R CMD check"s normally on a PC and in Mac mode on
the new Mac.
Under Windows in Parallels on the Mac, I am getting a message I don't
understand.

* checking data for ASCII and uncompressed saves ... WARNING
  Error in xzfile(file, "wb", compression = 9) : cannot open the connection
  Calls: <Anonymous> -> resaveRdaFiles -> save -> xzfile
  In addition: Warning message:
  In xzfile(file, "wb", compression = 9) :
    cannot initialize lzma encoder, error 5
  Execution halted

I looked for xzfile and lzma on the mac list archive in gmane and didn't
see anything.
Does anyone have experience with this message?
Is gmane the best way to search the mac list archive?

Thanks
Rich

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]