On Jul 14, 2012, at 12:59 PM, <ricardo.julio.rodriguez.fernan...@sergas.es>
wrote:

> Thanks, Ian! It seems like an impressive improvement providing a
> comprehensive set of functions to interact with XLSX spreadsheets!
>
> But I'm afraid I'm missing something. Please, check this...
>
> *****
>> sessionInfo()
> R version 2.15.1 (2012-06-22)
> Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin9.8.0/x86_64 (64-bit)
>
> locale:
> [1] en_GB.UTF-8/en_GB.UTF-8/en_GB.UTF-8/C/en_GB.UTF-8/en_GB.UTF-8
>
> attached base packages:
> [1] graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  stats     methods   base
>
> other attached packages:
> [1] XLConnectJars_0.1-4 rJava_0.9-3         foreign_0.8-50

You seem not to have loaded the XLConnect package properly. [I think it would
be on this list] IIRC, it has some trouble on Mac (doesn't it not build for
CRAN? See,e.g.,
http://www.R-project.org/nosvn/R.check/r-release-macosx-ix86/XLConnect-00check.htm

I might suggest you take a look at Ian's other suggestion -- but I haven't used
it so I can't attest to whether it works any better.

Michael