On 06/10/2012 22:12, Jean Jang wrote:
Apologies, I forgot to include the message from the Terminal:

jeans-macbook-104:~ jean$ R

R version 2.13.1 (2011-07-08)

Please try installing a current version of R from CRAN: that is several versions old and 2.15.1 is current (and 2.15.2 imminent).

Do you know what version you updated from?

Had I been Michael I would have asked you to start R with 'R --vanilla': one possibility is that the startup files have got corrupted or need updating for the updated R.

Copyright (C) 2011 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0
Platform: i386-apple-darwin9.8.0/i386 (32-bit)

   Natural language support but running in an English locale

Type 'q()' to quit R.

[Previously saved workspace restored]

That's one file you may need to get out of the way.