On 12/10/2012 17:50, Torben Griebe wrote:
Hi there,

I just wanted to install gfortran via homebrew on mac os x mountain
lion. It uses the package gcc-42-5666.3-darwin11.pkg for installation.
Unfortunately I recognized that this package is not available anymore.
But the google cache told me that it was available at
http://r.research.att.com/tools/gcc-42-5666.3-darwin11.pkg some time
ago (the site was cached at Sep 30th).
Does anybody know, if the package was removed?

No, the whole directory has disappeared on the host machine. This was not intentional.

Whist this is sorted out, I have put a copy at http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/R/gcc-42-5666.3-darwin11.pkg .

I also read that AT&T got some downtime a couple of hours ago. Could
this be the actual problem? Is there any chance to be able to download
the package again?

Finally, I don't know, if this is the right place for this question.
Honestly this is my first mailing list I'm posting to since ever :)
So, if I'm at the wrong place, be patient with me ;)

You are asked to post Mac-specific questions to R-sig-mac, and I've moved this there.

Thanks in advance
Torben

--
Brian D. Ripley,                  rip...@stats.ox.ac.uk