On 09/24/2013 01:34 PM, John Fox wrote:
Just to be clear:

        sudo chmod a+rx/usr/local/*

didn't work, but

        sudo zsh
        chmod -R 755 /usr/local

did work?

Frankly, I don't get that, since the first command should insure that
everyone has (at least) read and execute permission (i.e., level 5).

I think that I'll add a trouble-shooting section to the Rcmdr Mac
installation notes, but I would like to understand why one approach worked
here and not the other.

Best,
  John

Hi John:

That makes sense.  sudo chmod a+rx /usr/local/* does not descend into
the subdirectories.  To make that work, you need
sudo chmod -R a+rx /usr/local

--
Rodney Sparapani, PhD
Manager of Statistical & Computational Operations