Greetings and Salutations Nigel,

I've "augmented" the base R install via an unofficial, e.g. not sanctioned by
CRAN, Rtools build. This can be found here:

https://github.com/coatless/r-macos-rtools

Presently, the latest release only supports the R 3.4.* line:

https://github.com/coatless/r-macos-rtools/releases/tag/v1.0.0

I'll likely update it this weekend to provide support for R 3.5.*. In
particular, I'll bump the compiler from clang4 to clang6.

Sincerely,

JJB

On 5/17/18, 11:45 AM, "R-SIG-Mac on behalf of Nigel Delaney"