Hi,

Two things:

1. Can one or both of you guys check locally on your own computers, to see if
there is any difference between the output of options() in R.app, versus the
output when R is run from a Terminal session. Many elements will not be germane
to this issue, but others might, if there are differences.

Just wondering if some option() is altered from the default and/or causing a
conflict unique to R.app.

2. Exit from R.app so that it is not running.

Then look for the file:

  ~/Library/Preferences/org.R-project.R.plist

>From what I can tell, that is the file that stores the default settings and
>user specific Preferences configurations for R.app.

With R.app NOT running, delete that file, or drag it to the desktop, if
preferred.

Then start R.app and see what happens with help. The above .plist file, will be
created new, with the new R.app session, so will return to default settings.
Perhaps there is something in there screwing things up.

Marc

<snip>

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]